GOD’S LOVE: REACHING OVER THE BORDER
On November 16th, the Zion LWML sponsored a tour, led by Pastor Stephen Heimer, of some of the Lutheran missions located close to us in Mexico, in Rancho Anapra on the outskirts of Juarez.
Photos & poem report by H. Jackson
Buildings are shabby, funds are low:
Our tour is both inspiring and heartbreaking.
So much good work being done here; SETTING EYES ON THINGS ABOVE.
So, in faith, students and teachers GROW
as OUR GOOD LORD HEALS HEARTS, His servants in the making.
For here the needs are many; the workers seem too few.
But, HERE THE WORD OF GOD IS SHARED; across languages we prayed.
God’s word is taught to His little lambs, PROCLAIMING HIS VICTORY AND LOVE.
May the Word take root here: GOD’S WORD IS STRONG AND TRUE.
WITH GOD, even two or three gathered are mighty; & all sin and hurting is stayed.
Five from Zion going just over the border, Pastor leading the way.
Highlights: seeing – NEW PEOPLE, THE CHILDREN, SUCH KINDNESS!
PLEASE HELP support these Missions: LET’S SPREAD GOD’S LOVE.
To these needs, we simply cannot show blindness.
MAY GOD BLESS all the work done here, and these, HIS DEAR
CHILDREN, WE PRAY.
* Prayer! For staff and students. Prayer is powerful; God is mighty!
* Basic school & art supplies: glue, crayons, construction paper, craft scissors; also pencils, pens & paper for older kids
* Bibles (in Spanish)
* books for younger kids— (ex: Arch books) Spanish
* free standing heaters (main classroom has cracked windows and NO heat)
* financial donations towards utility bills & other needs
* puzzles (older kids/teens) would be appreciated
For more information on these missions, how to get more involved, or the many other outreach opportunities through Ysleta Lutheran Mission, visit ylm.org or speak with Pastor Heimer.